Tuesday, July 17, 2012

34 Hours To Go!

First off, I would like to thank the Carroll County News Paper for doing such a great write-up about our group's trip to Kenya.  We have been so blessed to have so much support from our community and even people all around the country.  I am sure I can speak for our entire team when I say we all feel so uplifted in this time and can not express the gratitude that we have for every single person that has said a prayer for us.  We continue to need prayer as we make our final preparations for our trip and for safety and travel mercies.  We appreciate every thought! :)

So, we depart on our first flight in a little over 34 hours.  It, still, is so hard to believe, but it is so very exciting.  We have planted all of our seeds and now are just waiting for God to make it rain . . . so to speak.  We have been planning this trip for almost a year to the day and it is finally here!  I have a feeling that the 9 days will go by way too fast, but I am expecting them to be God-filled and Holy Spirit-led; they will definitely be the best 9 days of my life, I think it is safe to say.  :) 

I ask that you continue to keep us in your prayers if that is not too much to ask and we found out that we will have internet access at the orphanage, so I will continue to update my blog and hopefully add pictures throughout the week.  :) 
A couple boys at Mattaw Children's Village

Kim Phillips, me, Marci Rogers, and Alleshia Fritz. (Not pictured:  Jeff Phillips and Lydia King)

No comments:

Post a Comment